Sunday, April 17, 2011

Last full week of teaching

Hi everybody!
Well I have successfully completed my last full week of teaching at Salem. My coop was rarely in the room this week and it went by really well. I guess as I sit here thinking about my week, nothing new or really exciting happened. I didn't have any disciplinary actions this week and didn't do any spectacular projects or assignments. In social studies we took a test on Central America. The students didn't do as well as I thought they would so I was a little bit surprised. So I threw out 2 questions and gave them an extra credit opportunity. In religion we watched a great movie on Jesus' life and talked about the word "passion". In language we finished Biztown lessons so we can go to Biztown this coming Tuesday. I'll tell you more about that later, when I know what it is ;) We also just worked on their country paragraphs some more.

Outside of school, I had a pretty exciting week! On Wednesday, Matt, Ian, and I went to an Astros/Cubs baseball game at the Minutemaid field. That was pretty cool! Matt got some free tickets for being an administrator and we got to sit in the Coke Box. I also saw President Bush senior and his wife...from a distance. It was the closest I'VE ever been to a president. On Saturday, I went swimming, yes swimming in an outdoor pool. On Sunday, after church we went strawberry picking, which Ian absolutely LOVED! For lunch we had boiled crawfish. I was told I had to try it before I could leave Texas...well Honeck family, I did. I had probably four of them before I decided that they were not good enough to go through all that work to eat it. Matt, however fully enjoyed the meal. An average person eats 3lbs. of crawfish in a sitting, which I did not even come close to but at least I gave it a shot!

My last piece of exciting news is that Jon and Lindsea are coming to Texas for Easter! I am so excited!

I took some pictures of my classroom, the baseball game, strawberries, and crawfish. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Chelsea! We went to a crawfish boil too! They are definitely a lot of work but actually not too bad!

    ReplyDelete